What you need to know
A leading medical device company that is at the forefront of developing new medical technologies is currently seeking a dynamic and driven Senior R&D Engineer for a 12-month contract in Galway City.
As a Senior R&D Engineer, you will report directly to the R&D Manager and actively participate in all areas of new product development including the design, development, and troubleshooting of new products.
This is a 12-month contract that offers hybrid working.
Your new job:
Key duties & responsibilities include:
• Design, develop, analyse, troubleshoot and provide technical skills during research and/or product development.
• Represent the company while interacting with physicians to understand their needs into product requirements and concepts.
• Provide leadership in technical innovation across the department.
• Identify and mitigate technological risks throughout the design process.
• Select materials and processes to come up with working designs.
• Interface effectively and build relationships with team members, other staff, and key suppliers, both locally and globally
• May be required to progress a project from concept phase into the commercialization phase and play a key role on the product and process fronts.
• Continually contribute to the generation of intellectual property.
• Coach and mentor junior members of staff.
What are we looking for?
• A minimum of Degree level 8 in Engineering or related discipline
• Minimum 4 - 6 years of relevant experience in the medical device industry.
• We are looking for a dynamic team player and leader who can work effectively and proactively on cross-functional teams.
• extensive medical device product development experience and a strong proven track record in innovation and technical leadership.
• A proven influencer who can drive large-scale technical initiatives.
• Knowledge of ISO standards for medical devices.
• Strong communication and presentation skills.
Apply for this job now or get in touch with Oliver at email@example.com
We Value Your Trust.