- Posted 07 February 2024
- Discipline Financial Services
- Contact NameRena Weld
What you need to know
Matrix Recruitment are currently recruiting for a Derivatives Consultant for our financial services client based in Limerick.
In this role you will work with a global organisation that has a good company culture. This job will suit you if you enjoy taking ownership of responsibilities and achieving objectives. Ideally, you will be an effective communicator and work well with various other department areas and stakeholders.
This position offers a hybrid working model on a 12-month contract basis (some potential for extension and / or permanency).
Your new job
Key duties & responsibilities:
- Communicate in an effective and professional manner with both internal partners and clients, tailoring information as required to your audience
- Identify and resolve transaction discrepancies between firm and swap counterparties
- Proactive resolve any issues or conflict that arise and demonstrate strong follow-through
- Ensure timely receipt of electronic-based OTC confirmations from trading counterparties
- Reviewing swap confirmations covering all OTC products
- Manage the settlement of swap cash flows associated with OTC products, including unwinds, upfront fees, quarterly fees, resets, premiums and coupons
- Add value by working on a number of simultaneous tasks and /or projects
- Ad/hoc projects to meet and enhance client deliverables
What are we looking for?
- Undergraduate degree in Finance, Accounting or related subject
- Familiarity with Over-The-Counter (OTC) products would be advantageous
- Knowledge of basic accounting principles and procedures, familiar with financial markets and instruments and Hedge Fund structures
- Client service experience desired
- Work experience in an operational role desirable
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- Proven team player, taking ownership for own role while contributing to wider team efforts
- Ability to work under pressure and to deadlines in a demanding and fast growing department
- Highly flexible and adaptable to change