What you need to know
A leading and innovative plastics manufacturer in Co. Westmeath that is going through a period of exciting growth is seeking a driven and experienced Senior Controls Engineer to join its team. The successful candidate will report directly to the Lead Automation & Robotics Engineer.
As a Senior Controls Engineer, you will play a vital role in contributing to the company’s success. You will be responsible for supporting the development and execution of automated finishing and assembly equipment.
The company are leaders in their field who design, develop and manufacture quality components for some of the world’s most renowned automotive and medical devices companies.
This is a permanent role with an excellent salary and package. The package includes 26 days of annual leave, pension, healthcare (for you and any dependents), and professional training and development opportunities.
Your new job
Duties and responsibilities:
· Manufacture, Integration, Test & Commissioning of automated finishing Equipment. This will consist of wiring, programming, network development of PLC, safety PLC and Robots.
· Manufacture, test & commissioning of finishing and verification equipment, including, PLC, Safety Equipment, Vision Systems and fail safes / Poka Yoke devices.
· Responsibility for the ordering, project progression, budget tracking, team leadership and overall completion of the project.
· Support and lead design reviews with internal customers when appropriate. Design decisions to be agreed by stakeholders and documented.
· Safety and Integration of equipment to be carried out as per best practice, delivering CE standard equipment.
· Identification and execution of process improvements which involve modifications and upgrades to existing automated equipment or the design and development of new equipment as appropriate.
What are we looking for?
· Have a relevant cert/diploma/degree in Mechatronics, Manufacturing Technology, Electronics or Automation engineering with experience in a similar manufacturing organisation or relevant trade qualification.
· Have Mechanical/Electrical experience in a regulated manufacturing environment.
· Experience in pneumatics, electronics, programmable logic controllers and workshop tools required.
· Have excellent fault finding and problem-solving skills.
· Industrial Robotics Programming
· Excellent team player that works well in cross-functional teams to achieve collective business goals.
· An excellent written and verbal communicator, who can explain technical concepts and ideas concisely.
Interested in this role?
Apply for this job now by sending a Word version of your CV or get in touch with Oliver at firstname.lastname@example.org
We Value Your Trust