Matrix Recruitment are seeking to recruit a Assistant Warehouse Manager for our client, based in the Carlow Area.
This is a permanent day’s role.
Your new job
Key duties & responsibilities:
Day to Day Operations
· Responsibility for the efficient unloading and goods receipt of all stock into the company in line with standard operating procedures, liaising with production.
· Liaising with the warehouse manager to manage the safe unloading of all containers onto the factory premises in an efficient manner including prearranging staff/ pallets/ wrap to assist with unloading while ensuring sufficient cover for warehouse tasks is also in place.
· Liaising with production to ensure that all raw materials are made available for the production team in a timely manner.
· Oversee the efficient management of warehouse activities, including planning of goods inwards and outwards.
· Develop and improve communication between the various departments and the warehouse, becoming the first point of contact for warehouse requests.
· Responsibility for managing stock accuracy in the warehouse including ensuring cycle counting is performed regularly and stock adjustments/transfers are posted in a timely manner.
· Responsibility for management of entire warehouse when Warehouse Manager is on annual leave or is off site, including answering queries from senior management and liaising with production regarding production requirements.
· Ensure that the warehouse is always staffed by at least one member of the warehouse team throughout the day and during out of hours deliveries especially during lunch breaks.
· Liaising with the warehouse manager to plan and action stock movements which will ensure sufficient warehouse capacity at all times while minimize WIP in the warehouse.
Health & Safety
· Complete the accident and near miss book for any incidents that occur in the warehouse. Ensure corrective action is taken to reduce the likelihood of recurrence.
· Ensuring effective and safe use of warehouse equipment
· Be the first point of contact for all first aid related issues in the warehouse. First Aid training will be provided.
Training & Development
· Request and undertake training and development as appropriate to grow necessary skills and expertise. This may involve completing online training, workshops etc.
Cover for Warehouse Manager
When the warehouse manager is off site or on annual leave, responsibilities can extend to the following tasks.
· Ensure all stock available for dispatch is picked and dispatched in an efficient manner with particular emphasis on ensuring goods arrive to customer as per their expectations including efficient management of internet sales.
· Responsibility for the scheduling and assigning warehouse staff tasks and projects.
· Ensure that forklift and vehicle daily checks are completed on a daily basis.
· Work with factory management to minimize WIP in the warehouse.
What are we looking for?
Excellent communication skills
Proficient in Microsoft Office packages
SAP B1 Experience an advantage but not essential
Ability to remain calm under pressure
Ability to interact with both senior management and line staff in an appropriate manner
Professionalism and positive attitude
Develop expertise in training staff to complete factory tasks
Apply for this job now by emailing your WORD formatted CV to Rachel.
Full detailed job spec available on request.
We Value Your Trust.