What you need to know
A leading semi-state organisation that provides innovative climate solutions to the country and is playing a significant role in helping Ireland reach its objective of being carbon neutral in the future, is currently seeking a committed and passionate Senior Electrical Engineer for their renewable energy business unit.
As a Senior Electrical Engineer, you will report directly to the Delivery Manager of your division and will be responsible for providing technical expertise for projects and will oversee the design, procurement, construction management, and electrical testing of newly installed infrastructure.
This is a permanent role with an excellent salary and package.
Your new job
Key duties & responsibilities include:
- Provide professional, cost-effective, and value-adding electrical engineering services within the company’s renewable energy business unit.
- Lead the delivery of project electrical engineering works and services.
- Manage the interaction with third-party utility providers and specialist external contractors and project stakeholders.
- Actively attend and participate in team meetings, site meetings, and design meetings, to ensure projects are delivered on time and on budget.
- Lead engineering processes of potential grid connection solutions for Renewable Energy projects
- Review and prepare project, tender, and contract documentation to monitor, control, and reduce cost.
- Monitor and analyse all elements of design, manufacture, processing, construction, operation, and maintenance to ensure delivery of project requirements.
What are we looking for?
- A minimum of a Hons Degree (Lvl 8 FETAC) in Electrical Engineering.
- 5 years’ experience managing grid connection processes for transmission-connected projects in the generator or utility sector.
- Significant technical experience in HV electrical design, approving third party design, contract management, financial /cost management, and project management.
- Excellent technical report writing and communications skills.
- Proficient in AutoCAD and PSSE or other similar electrical design software.
- Ability to work well under pressure and consistently meet deadlines.
- A team player who can work well with others and influence colleagues in a positive manner.
Apply for this job now with a Word version of your CV or get in touch with Oliver at firstname.lastname@example.org
We Value Your Trust