What you need to know
A leading Irish food manufacturer that exports its products to 20 different countries across the globe is currently seeking a committed and passionate Production Manager to join its team.
You will report to the Plant Manager and be tasked with managing your area of production in an efficient and effective manner to ensure that production targets are consistently met, quality and H&S standards are upheld, and personnel is mentored and motivated.
- Lead and manage the day-to-day running of your production area.
- Work closely with other Senior Managers to consistently achieve production targets.
- Deliver and communicate production targets within budget and designated deadlines.
- Comfortable managing internal and external relationships.
- Produce and successfully implement production plans.
- Continuously review and integrate production, maintenance, and raw materials activities.
- Use Continuous Improvement tools to drive process improvements and solve potential problems.
- Promote a safety-first culture, identifying and resolving any safety hazards.
- Ensure safe work practices are observed at all times.
- Lead and coach Team Leaders and personnel under your guidance.
- Seek to continuously drive improvements in quality and H&S systems.
- Work closely with the Quality department to ensure Product Quality and compliance.
What are we looking for?
- A third Level qualification (Level 7/8) in Engineering, Manufacturing, Business, or another relevant discipline is desirable.
- A minimum of 5 years of experience in a Production Management role, ideally within food manufacturing.
- Ability to plan ahead, implement robust production plans, and adapt to challenges.
- Ability to lead cross-functional teams and achieve collective business goals.
- Good technical capabilities, teamwork abilities, and initiative.
- Work well under pressure and consistently meet production targets.
- Passionate about continuous improvement, quality and health, and safety.
- Proven track of successfully managing, motivating, and developing teams.
- Excellent communicator (oral and written) who can influence others in a positive manner and give direction in a concise manner.
- Comfortable using Microsoft / IT packages.
We Value Your Trust