Planning Program Manager
- Posted 21 March 2023
- Job type Permanent
- Contact NameOliver Hayes
What you need to know
A leading semi-state organisation that provides innovative climate solutions to the country and is playing a significant role in helping Ireland reach its objective of being carbon neutral in the future, is currently seeking an experience, committed and driven Planning Programme Manager for their renewable energy business unit.
As a Planning Programme Manager, you will report directly to the Planning & Advocacy Manager and will be responsible for developing and implementing planning and consenting strategies, as well as managing projects environmental assessments and planning processes on large scale renewable energy projects.
This is a permanent position with an excellent salary, benefits, opportunities to progress and the option of hybrid working.
Your new job
Duties & responsibilities:
- Determine the Renewable Energy (RE) Strategy to Planning Consenting and Compliance issues by keeping up to date on planning outcomes, changes in legislation, policy decisions and national and local authority development plans to maximise the potential opportunities and outcomes for the company.
- Lead the assessments relating to planning and environmental assessment for new Renewable Energy development projects.
- Liaise with internal and external stakeholders to represent the wider the company’s interests in the areas of planning and environmental compliance.
- Lead the development and implementation of protocols for effective engagement with key stakeholders, including all relevant statutory and non-statutory consultees relevant to the planning processes of Renewable Energy projects.
- Preparation and management of the budget for the programme of planning projects and baseline environmental studies.
- Active involvement in building cross functional project teams to manage the delivery of planning stages of projects.
- Assessment of third-party M&A opportunities under consideration by the business unit.
- Lead and Performance Manage your direct reports.
What are we looking for?
- Hold a Hons Degree (Level 8) in Environmental Science, Environmental Engineering, or another relevant discipline.
- Significant experience in leading programs and/or projects in planning applications and environmental licencing, experience on renewable energy projects desirable but not essential.
- Strong technical expertise in the areas of the infrastructure planning process and environmental assessment and licencing.
- Possess in-depth knowledge of relevant legislation and policy in infrastructure planning and environmental assessment.
- Strong knowledge of programme management across a range of projects with differing priorities, risk profiles and timelines.
- Proven track record in developing and line managing a team of technical professionals across a range of technical backgrounds and levels.
- Strong people interaction and relationship building skills across multiple functions within and outside the organisation.
- Excellent attention to detail.
- Excellent organisational and time-management skills.
- Strong communication, research, presentation, and creative skills.
- Innovative and able to think ‘outside of the box’ to provide solutions to challenges.
Interest in this role?
Apply for this job now with a Word version of your CV or get in touch with Oliver at email@example.com
We Value Your Trust