What you need to know
A leading medical device company with global operations that is experiencing strong growth is seeking an experienced and committed NPI Engineer to join its team in Co. Leitrim.
The company has an outstanding track record in designing, developing, and manufacturing cutting-edge medical device products that save and improve patients’ lives. The company is committed to delivering innovative products and prides itself on its industry-leading quality, lean manufacturing, and processing technologies.
As an NPI Engineer, you will work collaboratively in multidisciplinary teams to ensure the successful delivery of new product introductions.
This is a permanent role with an excellent salary and benefits.
Your new job
Key duties & responsibilities:
· Take a prominent role in leading the direction of projects and project teams to ensure goals are met, especially on-time delivery, quality requirements and cost targets are achieved.
· Planning, implementing and co-ordination of New Product Introductions. Duties related to this include - Product design, product specifications, process validations identification of training needs, process & equipment layout, production procedures, material specifications, and material & packaging procurement in line with regulatory standards.
· Ensure the requirements of ISO 13485, ISO 45001, ISO 14001, and ISO 50001 are taken into account during design, development and new product introduction and integrated into production processes.
· Procuring and implementing tooling, equipment, and technologies, as required to implement the manufacture of new and existing production.
· Interface with customers throughout the duration of the project, so they are informed at all stages of the NPI process.
· Planning and coordination to ensure that the necessary testing, evaluation & control of equipment measures are in place.
· Planning and co-ordinating New Product Design to include Design Inputs, Design Outputs, Design Verification and Design Validation.
· Ensure adherence to risk management requirements by assessing process risks.
· Developing manufacturing process to allow New Product features to be implemented.
· Training of technicians, process operators and other staff.
· Planning and implementing manufacturing cell layouts, workstation design and material handling to ensure efficient manufacturing to meet product cost targets, efficiency targets and quality targets.
What are we looking for?
· A Bachelor’s Degree in a Science / Engineering related discipline (Mechanical, Manufacturing, Automation or equivalent)
· A minimum of three years’ experience in new product introduction, manufacturing, quality or process engineering, ideally in the medical device sector.
· Experience in Project Management regarding new product introduction, preferably in a Medical Device environment.
· Excellent knowledge of manufacturing processes in the medical devices industry.
Have excellent analytical and problem-solving skills with the ability to offer innovative solutions to challenges.
Strong organisation skills and the ability to prioritise tasks effectively and meet deadlines.
Excellent attention to detail and the ability to interpret data to aid decision-making.
Be able to handle multiple projects and prioritise your own work.
Strong communication skills (oral and written).
Enthusiastic and results-orientated with good teamwork skills.
Apply for this job now by sending a Word version of your CV.
We Value Your Trust