What you need to know
We are currently seeking a Field Line Manager for our client, a provider of services to the telecommunications industry, based in Carlow.
The Field Line Manager is a member of the Operations Team and is responsible for supervising employees to ensure work is completed to standard operating practice and client specification.
Your new job
Key duties and responsibilities:
- Supervise and direct staff ensuring tasks / work is completed in a timely efficient manner.
- Ensuring client documentation is completed accurately and in a timely manner/
- Submit timesheets and payroll information.
- Ensure current equipment and tools are available to meet project requirements.
- Liaise with all customers on operational and technical issues in a professional, courteous manner.
- Support and enforce company rules.
- Monitor sickness levels and ensure return to work interviews are carried out.
- Ensure that annual leave is monitored and approved so that operational needs are met.
- Take part in disciplinary action as requested to support and enforce company rules.
- Ensure effective induction of new staff in conjunction with the HR & Training, undertaking probation reviews are required / directed.
- Identify and potential problems with jobs and escalate to Project Manager.
What are we looking for?
- Managerial experience essential.
- Experience with fibre solutions, i.e., fibre blowing, fibre installation, fibre optic fusion splicing a desirable advantage.
- Telecommunications experience highly desirable.
- Engineering background advantageous.
- Experience managing staff to a high level.
- Exceptional communication skills.
- Exceptional organisation skills.
- Ability to work on own initiative and take responsibility.
Please note that due to the expected high volume of applications we can only reply to applicants suitable for the position. In the interest of protecting your data and informing you of your rights we will notify you should we retain your information by issuing an acknowledgement email and a request for consent where not already expressly given.