What you need to know
We are currently seeking an IT Lead / Coordinator for our SME financial services client, based in Navan, Meath.
As the IT Coordinator, you will co-ordinate the various aspects of IT within the company - many areas are outsourced and there is a managed service provider so your role will be to ensure the smooth running of the IT department within the company.
The role is a permanent role with a SME. Salary depends on experience.
Your new job
Key duties & responsibilities:
• Manage information technology and computer systems within the company.
• Plan, organise, control and evaluate the IT network, software, cloud services and other infrastructure.
• Ensure security of data, network access and backup systems.
• Identify problematic areas and implement strategic solutions in time.
• Audit systems and assess their outcomes.
• Preserve assets, information security and control structures.
• Manage the annual budget for IT and ensure cost effectiveness.
• Co-ordinate all 3rd party supplier relationships on a day-to-day basis.
• Manage and supervise regular IT network maintenance and projects. Perform and maintain supplier due diligence as required by CBI.
• Co-ordinate all network security activities and all company requests for system enhancements and improvements with the relevant suppliers.
• Lead the ICT Business Continuity Plan design, preparation and regular testing.
• Generate reports as required by the Management Team and work to continuously improve processes.
• Support Internal and External Audits, Compliance and Risk reviews and take ownership for action items as an outcome of such reviews.
• Prepare executive summaries for Board and Senior Management.
• Maintenance of policy and procedure documentation as it relates to IT.
• Attendance at Committee, Board meetings and external events both during, and outside of normal office hours as required.
• Focus on process improvements, automation and implementation of best practices.
• Devise plans and ensure successful delivery of IT training for employees.
• Management of one direct report responsible for being the first point of contact on all IT related issues.
• Attend all training courses provided by the company to effectively discharge your duties and for your own development needs.
What are we looking for?
• Prior experience in IT Management and a 3rd level qualification in IT or other IT certifications are advantageous.
• Technical knowledge of IT network management including Firewalls, Routers, Switches, Virtualization, Cloud Infrastructure, Active Directory, Group Policy, Backup & Replication Solutions, Endpoint Detection & Response, Multi-Factor Authentication, Remote Access & VPNs, Phone systems.
• Commercial awareness of financial services environment including Risk, Audit and Compliance requirements.
• Proficiency in administration of Microsoft services including Exchange Online, Azure, Teams, SharePoint, Sentinel, Power Automate and various admin centres.
• Ability to handle large data volumes and to translate them into meaningful insights.
• Advanced knowledge of Excel is essential, and experience of MS Power BI or similar tools is advantageous.
• Experience with business continuity, incident response and disaster recovery planning.
• In depth understanding of cybersecurity threat landscape including risks and mitigating controls.
• Full working knowledge of website maintenance and configuration.
• End to end vendor management including selection, due diligence, contract reviews and SLA & KPI supervision.
• Comfortable in configuring software to improve efficiencies.
Apply for this job now or get in touch with Rena Weld on 087-407 3431 or 059-9139070
Please apply using a CV in Microsoft Word format, thank you.
Please note that due to the expected high volume of applications we can only reply to applicants suitable for the position. In the interest of protecting your data and informing you of your rights we will notify you should we retain your information by issuing an acknowledgement email and a request for consent where not already expressly given.
We Value Your Trust.